VSR - VORTAB Short Run Flow Conditioner
The VORTAB Short Run flow conditioner (model VSR) offers a simple flow conditioning pipe section replacement for new and existing piping systems. The VSR is a three pipe diameter long flow conditioning spool piece with just the VORTAB flow conditioning internals.
Three to four diameters of settling distance between the VSR and the flow meter installation location are required to allow the turbulence intensity to decrease while maintaining the repeatable velocity profile. This provides an optimal flow scenario for flow meters of all technologies installing the VSR flow conditioner can be accommodated by a variety of process connections including flanged, threaded, grooved, weld prepped, or customer specified. VORTAB flow conditioners provide the lowest pressure loss solutions to flow profile irregularities caused by elbows, valves, blowers, compressors and other disruptions that commonly occur in piping and duct runs.
- Piping with inadequate straight runs
- Flow conditioning for calibration and/or test benches and flow meters
- Temperature and pressure stratification
- Processes that require repeatable, symmetric and swirl-free velocity flow profiles
- Process conditioning for control valves, blowers, compressors, burners and other critical process equipment
- Gases, liquids, slurries, and particulate mixes such as pulverized coal and air
Materials of Construction:
- 316L stainless steel: 2″ and larger
- Carbon steel: 8″ and larger.
- Hastelloy C: 2″ and larger.
- Other materials of construction available
- All pipe schedules available
- Schedule10, 40, and 80 are standard options
Standard Process connections:
- Weld preparation
- Flanged, up to 600 lb rating *(heavier class flanges available)
- Male NPT, up to 4 inch pipe size
- Additional process connections available, consult factory
Flow Conditioner Length:
- 3 pipe diameters
For any other required options or special features not listed above: Contact VORTAB Company