VFK - VORTAB Field Kits
The VORTAB Field Kit (model VFK) flow conditioner is recommended for line sizes larger than 36”. The VFK consists of all the vortice generating flow conditioning internals and a fabrication drawing complete with welding recommendations.
The VFK can accomodate round, square, rectangular, or irregular specialty designed pipes, ducts, or elbows (as shown on the picture above). When assembled, the VFK occupies three pipe diameters. A settling distance of three to four pipe diameters is required between the exit of the assembled VFK and flow meter installation locations. VORTAB flow conditioners provide the lowest pressure loss solutions to flow profile irregularities caused by elbows, valves, blowers, compressors and other disruptions that commonly occur in piping and duct runs.
- Piping with inadequate straight runs
- Illustrated principles of operations
- Flow conditioning for calibration and/or test benches and flow meters
- Temperature and pressure stratification
- Processes that require repeatable, symmetric and swirl-free velocity flow profiles
- Process conditioning for pump, compressors, control valves, blowers, burners and other critical process equipment
- Gases, liquids, slurries, and particulate mixes such as pulverized coal and air
Materials of Construction:
- 316L stainless steel
- Carbon steel
- Hastelloy C
- Other materials of construction available
Nominal Pipe or Duct Size: 36 inch and larger
Installation Method: Field kit welded in place.
Custom Configurations: Contact VORTAB Company